Summer Champions Club
June 27th-August 12, 2022
Mondays-Fridays & Occasional Saturdays
9:30am-12:00pm or 12:30pm-3:00pm
Virtual Programming 3:30pm-4:30pm
Summer Champions Club provides free programming to Baltimore City students ages 12-19, Mondays-Thursdays from June 27, 2022 - August 12, 2022. Students will have the opportunity to strengthen academic skills through project-based learning activities and STEM workshops, improve their health and wellness through boxing and fitness classes, grow their leadership capacity through leadership workshops and team-building activities, and develop positive peer-to-peer and caring adult relationships that will support them well into their futures. This year, our Summer Champions will also have the exciting opportunity to join our experienced staff on a four day backpacking trip along the Appalachian trail!
This summer's program will again follow a hybrid model. The program will be open to 20 - 30 students who will be divided into two groups of 10 - 15. Each group will spend 2.5 hours a day at Corner Team Boxing & Fitness Club and one hour in online, virtual programming. When registering, each Summer Champion must select which group (morning or afternoon) they would like to participate in.
Youth will participate in the following activities during the six weeks of Summer Champions Club:
Academic Skills & Drills
Weekly STEM Workshops
Weekly Leadership Workshops
Journaling & Reading
Arts & Crafts
Project-Based Learning Activities (i.e. designing and building Champions Gardens/Champions Alley, developing a literacy campaign and installing outdoor libraries, planning family events for the neighborhood, learning and sharing community history, and so much more)
What Are Summer Champions Club Hours?
Summer Champions Club offers programming every Monday - Friday. Students may choose between Session 1 (9:30-12:00pm In-Person/3:30-4:30 Virtual) or Session 2 (12:30-3:00 In-Person/Virtual 3:30-4:30). All students must attend the daily Skills & Drills virtual program from 3:30-4:30pm and a weekly tutoring session.
How Much Does Summer Champions Club Cost?
Summer Champions Club is free! Space is limited however to 30 students in order to operate safely during the COVID-19 Pandemic. We will maintain a waiting list for interested students. If space opens up, we will invite wait-listed students to the program. Students in Summer Champions Club will receive priority registration opportunity for Youth Champions Club 2022/2023 (September - June).
How Old Do I Need To Be In Order To Participate?
Summer Champions must be 12 years old or older and must be a current student living or attending school in Baltimore City.
What Is Required of Summer Champions To Participate?
- Students and their parent/guardian must complete the registration form available here. Forms may also be obtained at Corner Team Boxing & Fitness Club during business hours.
- Summer Champions must commit to attending and participating in the program every programming day.
- Summer Champions must be willing to try some new things, meet new people, and have fun!
New In 2022!!! How To Sign Up for Summer Champions Club & Get Paid Through YouthWorks!!!
- Summer Champions Club may enroll in YouthWorks and be paid as a program participant this Summer
- Summer Champions who wish to participate through YouthWorks must register as a Youth Worker on YouthWorks website by the April 1st deadline.
- Once registered as YouthWorks, Summer Champions must forward their YouthWorks registration to Mrs. Savannah Thompson of Corner Team in order to be assigned to Summer Champions Club.